Wednesday, May 7, 2008

stupid dollar

I had my first visit at the french atm today and realized I was even more screwed than I originally thought. I took out 160 euros which, after looking at my transactions online, is apparently just about $250... I guess after the conversion and the atm fee? I don't know, but that's almost half! I guess I won't be traveling or buying as many souvenirs as I thought.
Oh! i bought a french cell phone has free incoming texts and calls. Here's the number -06.24.96.46.60 sooo send me texts, if it doesnt cost you too much :)

on another note, I requested a smoke-free home which definitely did not happen. oh well

well, it's 9 pm which is dinner time. Apparently I'm eating dinner at the neighbors'?

au revoir et je vous aime!!

8 comments:

Mom said...

Boo smoke!! Boo dollar!!

So how is the food? What did you eat at the neightbors? How was were your classes. Can't wait to hear more....keep writing, when you can. Love you!

Mallory said...

The food was great! We had something that tasted Japanese-ish. They thought it would be too strong for me? but I thought it tasted very good. Really really good wine too - French chardonnay is very good.

Unknown said...

Hooray Wine!

Sorry to hear about the money, but I'm glad to hear that the food and wine is tasty. My mom says hey and to be careful. She also says she loves you and not to spend a bunch of money on her :p Keep your chin up, and I love you bunches!

Crystal said...

oh my gosh. that is a ridiculous exchange rate. poor mallory. awesome deal on the phone, though. that's a great idea.

the not-smoke-free thing stinks.

Unknown said...

That exchange rate sucks ... now you won't be able to get me as many cuban cigars!

Mom said...

BOO CIGARS!!

Kyle said...

i tried to text you, but it didn't work...
i guess i need the international code for your number.

Unknown said...

To message Mal, use 01133624964660 stupid long, but it works :D 011 is country code, 33 is france's code...dont need a city code.